This article is now obsolete as Google Sites now provides Picasa Web Albums Integration. Please see my new article instead: Google Sites - Picasa Web Album Integration Uploading photos, images and pictures to your Google Site takes precious space out of your 100MB or 10GB limit, so why not use Picasa Web Albums instead to store your images and just embed the image in your site.
These instructions do not include how to upload to Picasa Web Albums or how to upload from Picasa.
- Navigate to the image you want to use in Picasa Web Albums
- On the right-hand side use the Link to this photo link (drop-down)
- Choose the size and whether you want to hide the link and copy the contents of the Embed Image box
- Go to the Google Sites page and edit and then either:
- Edit the HTML of the page and paste the code you copied
- Go to add the image and extract the images URL from the code you copied (see example below - the image's URL is highlighted)
<img src="http://lh3.ggpht.com/_ebSSGV9r9K8/SYb328Wpp0I/AAAAAAAAFpI/cfolg8zFbvc/s800/img_4786.jpg" /></a>
- Save the page.
That's it you're done!
Video How To
This video is best watched in full-screen: use the full-screen button ( ) at the end of the progress bar to see the video in full-screen.
Labels: l:images l:pictures l:photos
RSS Feed of my Google Sites How-Tos