US ✆ +1 (302) 672 3007
UK ✆ +44 (207) 871 5021
Steegle Embed and Search Gadget for Google Drive
Custom Google Drive embed gadget that allows you to embed and search a folder or a Shared Drive with various sort options
We offer two versions of the Google Drive Gadget, Basic and Premium, so please see the features below to see which version of the Google Drive Gadget is best for you.
Use the table of contents on the right to find all the information you need about the Steegle Embed and Search Gadget for Google Drive and how you can use the Drive gadget to best meet your needs either in a Google Site or on any other web platform via an iframe.
Steegle Drive Gadget - Basic
Search | Sort | Download | Columns
Basic Gadget - Feature Overview
- Display a Google Drive folder or entire Shared Drives in your site
- Embed anywhere (any website building platform) via an iframe
- Embed in new Google Sites using the Embed URL option.
- Search Shared Drives:
- Search results include items in sub-folders.
- Search for text in title/file name of the item.
- Search for text within the contents of the item.
- Search Folder (but not any sub folders).
- Direct download links for non-Google file formats (PDF, Microsoft Office files, images etc)
- Navigate through folders in the site without the folder opening in a new browser tab.
- Sort by:
- last modified date,
- created date (gives a "latest files" view ).
- Resort on-the-fly in the embedded site display without the need to refresh the whole site page (except when viewing search results).
- Choose columns to display:
- Show file size,
- Hide owners (owners hidden automatically on a Team Drive),
- Hide download links.
- Responsive design (columns hide automatically on narrower displays).
- Can use on public sites with no sign in required
- Alternatively require sign in and display only what the signed in user can see
- Front-end to configure the display options you want.
Steegle Drive Gadget - Premium
Grid | Hierarchy | Description | Search | Sort | Download | Columns
Premium Gadget - Feature Overview
Everything in the basic version (see above) plus
- Folder hierarchy view
- Expand and collapse the folder hierarchy tree
- Easily see where you are in the folder structure like a breadcrumb trail
- Grid view
- See thumbnail previews of the files.
- Description Tooltip
- See the Drive custom description of the file as a pop-up
Need to know more about the Google Drive Gadget?
Please complete the form below and we will contact you to organise payment or see if there are any special customisation you want us to make (may incur additional fees).
The cost includes a guided setup by us and a demonstration on how to configure and use.
Steegle Drive Gadget - Pricing
- Basic version
- £125 GBP +VAT and credit card fee (approximately $169 USD)
- Basic Plus - basic gadget plus installation and support
- £265 GBP +VAT and credit card fee (approximately $369 USD)
- Premium version
- £250 GBP +VAT and credit card fee (approximately $339 USD)
- Premium Plus - premium gadget plus installation and support
- £400 GBP +VAT and credit card fee (approximately $539 USD)
- Multi Site Licence - premium gadget, display on up to 10 sites
- £800 GBP +VAT and credit card fee (approximately $999 USD)
- Unlimited Licence - premium gadget, display on an unlimited number of sites
- £2400 GBP +VAT and credit card fee (approximately $2999 USD)
Questions about the Steegle Drive Gadget
Can we use the gadget to display multiple folders?
Yes - you can use the gadget as many times as you like to display different folders on different pages of your site.
Does the gadget search within subfolders?
Yes and no! 🤔
- Shared drives - YES - if you embed a shared drive then the gadget will search the entirety of the shared drive and in any folder or subfolder on that drive.
- My Drive Folder - NO - Google's Drive API does not offer any way to search a folder and its subfolders. We recommend you use Shared drives instead but if you cannot we do offer a solution to this - please please contact us for more information.
Does the gadget search just the titles or the content also?
Yes - the gadget will search a file's content as well as its title (and the Drive description you may have added). Not only that but it takes advantages of Google's synonym and root words technology to find content that uses similar words to your search query.