Add Buttons - new Google Sites
Add buttons to your new Google Sites
- Open the Insert panel
- Use the Button option
- Specify a Name for the button (the text that appears on the button)
- Specify the Link of the button (the target) by starting to type the name of the page:
- this will search the current site, your other sites and Google Drive for site pages or Google Drive items to link to;
- alternatively enter the URL to a website (web address) you want the button to link to.
- Move and size the button as required
Launched on 28 August 2018 to both Rapid Release and Scheduled Release G Suite domains and personal new Google Sites (made with a Gmail or personal Google Account) on a slow, 15-day rollout for everyone to get it.
- Button links to pages on the same site open in the same window/tab but links to external items (URLs, other sites pages and Drive items) will open in a new tab/window.
- When a button is vertically grouped it inherits the width of the group
- The button uses the accent colour for your site set in the theme (or goes to white on a dark background)