US ✆ +1 (302) 672 3007
UK ✆ +44 (207) 871 5021
Collapsible Text - new Google Sites
Add collapsible and expandable text boxes to a new Google Site
Add collapsible text boxes to a site
- From the Insert panel choose the Collapsible text option
- The collapsible text box will appear at the next available space on the page
- By default the uncollapsed text box will be preformatted with the Heading format
- The expandable text box is formatted with the Normal text format
- Add the text you want to be visible all of the time in the upper heading text box. You can format this text however you like and have multiple lines and formatting.
- Add the text you want to expand to see in the lower normal text box. You can format this text using any formatting and have multiple lines, formatting and vertically grouped text boxes.
- View the preview and published site and you can expand and collapse the boxes
- You cannot add images to any part of collapsible text, neither the header nor the collapsed box.
- You cannot vertically group collapsible text boxes, but you can vertically group text boxes in the collapsed portion
- You can have more than one collapsible text in a section but they must be horizontally aligned, not vertically grouped.
- The collapsible text box offers a switch to turn off collapsing: this makes converts the upper heading text box and the lower normal text box to ordinary text boxes
- If you move the collapsible text so it vertically groups with other content it will convert to ordinary text boxes.
Frequently Asked Questions about Collapsible Text and examples
Can I add images?
What should I use collapsible text for?
Collapsible text is great for adding content to a page that does need to be displayed all of the time, e.g. questions and answers or information you can display more text for if someone needs to see extra info
How do I resize collapsible text?
Yes: you can alter the width of collapsible text by clicking and dragging the left or tight grab handle (blue dot) and the height is automatically set by the amount of content.
How do I add collapsible text boxes?
Use the Collapsible text option from the Insert panel
What are the limits for collapsible text?
Google has not documented any limits on the size of a collapsible text or the number you can add to a page.