Now available in the new Google Sites
Cover Pages - new Google Sites
Make cover pages in new Google Sites to get a full-screen image when the page loads with content beneath
Make a cover page
- In the page header use the Header type button
- Choose Cover
- The header area will increase in size to fill the editor content area
- Open the preview and you will see at the bottom of the header is a downward-pointing arrow to jump down to the content.
- You need to upload an image with high enough quality to be displayed full-screen on any screen resolution, e.g. this sites gets visitors with 2560x1440 screen resolutions and higher.
- Since the images will be displayed full screen on all devices a squarer aspect ratio is better than rectangular.
- The background image should not contain any important information as it may not be visible on all devices (e.g. compare the desktop view with the mobile view in the preview.
- The down-arrow does not appear if you have only a header and footer with not content. Put a text box in the content area, even if empty, and the arrow appears.