Encouraging Employees to Be an Idea Generator
#GWSIntranet #Intranet #EXP #Employees #comms #communications #employeeengagement
US ✆ +1 (302) 672 3007
UK ✆ +44 (207) 871 5021
Fostering a Culture of Innovation
How to Use an Intranet for Idea Generation
An intranet can be used for idea generation and a suggestion box by providing employees with a platform to share their ideas and suggestions with the organization.
Some ways to use an intranet for idea generation and a suggestion box include:
Idea generation portal: Create a dedicated portal on the intranet where employees can submit their ideas and suggestions. This portal can include a submission form that employees can fill out, and a section for employees to view and vote on ideas submitted by their colleagues.
Discussion boards: Utilize the intranet's discussion board feature to facilitate conversations around different topics, where employees can share their ideas and get feedback from their colleagues.
Employee feedback surveys: Use the intranet's survey feature to gather feedback and suggestions from employees on different topics. Surveys can be created and distributed to employees, and the results can be analyzed and shared with the appropriate teams.
Employee suggestion box: Create an electronic suggestion box where employees can submit their ideas and suggestions anonymously. This can help to encourage employees who may be hesitant to share their ideas publicly to share their thoughts.
Gamification: Incorporate gamification techniques such as leaderboards, badges, and rewards to encourage employees to participate in the idea generation process.
Communication and feedback: Use the intranet to communicate with employees about the status of their ideas and suggestions, and to provide feedback on the ideas that are being implemented.
By using an intranet for idea generation and a suggestion box, organizations can foster a culture of innovation and collaboration, and tap into the creativity and insights of their employees. This can lead to new and better ways of working, and can help organizations stay competitive and adapt to changing business needs.
Importance of Encouraging Employees to Be an Idea Generator
Increased Employee Engagement
Greater Employee Satisfaction
Improved Customer Satisfaction
Proving Employees with the Right Tools and Resources
Establishing a Process for Implementing and Evaluating Ideas
Tips on Encouraging Idea Generation
References for Further Research
- "5 Tips for Encouraging Employee Ideas" by Forbes Coaches Council (https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2018/04/13/5-tips-for-encouraging-employee-ideas/?sh=61f8445e5b9c)
- "5 Ways to Encourage Employee Idea Generation" by Entrepreneur (https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/244462)
- "Creating a Culture of Innovation: How to Encourage Employee Ideas" by Alison Davis (https://www.hbr.org/2019/05/creating-a-culture-of-innovation-how-to-encourage-employee-ideas)
- "10 Tips for Encouraging Employee Innovation" by Dan Rockwell (https://leadershipfreak.blog/2019/05/01/10-tips-for-encouraging-employee-innovation/)
- "How to Foster a Culture of Innovation in Your Workplace" by Forbes Human Resources Council (https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbeshumanresourcescouncil/2019/11/07/how-to-foster-a-culture-of-innovation-in-your-workplace/?sh=2efd7b8f1b36)
Article by Maria Gabrielle