US ✆ +1 (302) 672 3007
UK ✆ +44 (207) 871 5021
Add Links to Navigation - new Google Sites
Add links websites and pages on your site to your sidebar or top navigation to customise the navigation in new Google Sites
Add new link to navigation
- Hover your mouse over the New page button (looks like a + in a disc)
- Use the New link option (looks like a chain link in a disc)
- In the Name box enter the text you want to appear in the navigation for the link
- In the Link box enter the link (URL) you want to link to or start typing the name of what you want to link to and you'll see suggestions of pages from your site, other Google Sites and items from Google Drive that you can link to.
- Choose if you want the link to Open in a new tab (the default option will open in a new tab).
- Use DONE to add the link to the navigation
Search for links pages and Drive items
When you add a link you can search for what you want to link to: as you start to type the link you will see suggestions to
- THIS SITE that gives links to pages of current site and
- ALL RESULTS that gives links to
- Other Google Sites pages you can edit
- Items in Google Drive like Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and files (e.g. PDFs) you have stored in Google Drive
You can choose to open this in the same tab or a new one as with any other link in the navigation.
It will take 1-3 days for full rollout of the feature to rapid release and scheduled release will start two weeks later.
- Links get silently redirected via the Google URL redirector
- You can choose to hide a link from the navigation: we're unsure at the moment what use this provides.