Layout Sections - new Google Sites
Quickly organise the content on your page with predefined section layouts in new Google Sites
Add templated section layouts
- From the right-hand Insert panel in the Layouts section choose the layout you want to add to your page
- The new section with the predefined layout you choose will appear at the bottom of the page
- Alternatively drag the layout you want directly to the area on the page you want it to appear.
- Replace the placeholders with your own content
- You can move the entire section to wherever you want on the page
- The box placeholder (with the + in) will allow you to replace it with an image, an item from Drive, a YouTube Video, a Google Calendar or a Google Map, but not an embedded URL or embed code
- You can copy and paste the box placeholders to make your own page templates.
Launched on 14 August 2018 to Rapid Release G Suite domains and personal new Google Sites (made with a Gmail or personal Google Account) on a slow, 15-day rollout for everyone to get it, with Scheduled Release for G Suite coming in two weeks (and then another 15-day rollout got all domains to get it).