Custom Domain URL (G Suite) - new Google Sites
How to map a web address to a G Suite based new Google Site
G Suite Web Address Mapping
- Make sure your site is published and note its published URL
- Sign in to your G Suite admin console (admin.google.com ⇗)
- Go to Apps, G Suite, Sites and expand Web address mapping
- Use the Add web address link and make sure you choose new Sites from the Version drop-down.
- Choose the primary or secondary domain in Site Location that the site is published to
- Enter the published URL of the site in Site Location and enter the web address you want the site to appear at in Web Address
- Use the Add Mapping link and G Suite will instruct you to add the appropriate DNS records (a CNAME record that points to ghs.googlehosted.com - this is with your domain provider) and once added use the I've completed these steps option
- This takes time to process so your site will not appear immediately at the web address
- If the mapping does not work within an hour try again
- Web address mapping is only available for G Suite domains at the moment (not sites created with a personal Google Account or Gmail account)
- To map a secondary domain you need to create a site with a user account that uses the secondary domain as its sign in domain. This allows you to publish the site to the secondary domain. For more info see our demo.
- Make your new Google Site appear at your own domain
- Traffic to your site is secured via SSL (https) without any further configuration