Recent Update to HTML Box on classic Sites
If your HTML Box has recently stopped working here's what you need to do:
- Go to a page where you have an HTML Box
- Edit the page
- Open the HTML box and you will see the new HTML Box
- Set the height and width to something sensible to fit your content
- Close the HTML Box
- Save the page
- Repeat for each page/HTML box that is not working.
Add an HTML Box to classic Google Sites
- Use the Insert menu, then HTML Box.
- Once the Insert HTML Box editor appears add the code you want to use.
- Google Sites checks the code, while you edit, for errors and will not add the code to the page until correct.
- Once finished use the Save button on the Insert HTML Box.
- Use the Save button to save the page and view the page with your new code.
Site Search Box anywhere on the page
<form id="sites-searchbox-form" action="[SiteURL]/system/app/pages/search">
<input type="hidden" id="sites-searchbox-scope" name="scope" value="search-site" />
<input type="text" id="jot-ui-searchInput" name="q" size="20" value="" aria-label="Search this site" autocomplete="off" />
<input type="submit" id="sites-searchbox-search-button" class="goog-inline-block jfk-button jfk-button-standard" tabindex="0" value="Search this site" />
- Insert a HTML Box as described above in steps 1 to 3
- Copy and paste the code above to make a Site Search box (make sure you add the full site URL to the action attribute)
- Use the Save button on the Insert HTML Box.
- Use the Save button to save the page and view the code.
You will see a search box that looks just like the site search box, a working example follows (remember this is not a gadget and is on the page).