PayPal Simple Storefront Gadget - classic Google Sites
PayPal has released a gadget to add PayPal Buy Now Buttons and Shopping Carts to your classic Google Site.
Instructions - PayPal Buy Now Button/Add to Cart Button
- Go to the page you want to add the button to and use the Edit Page button
- Use the Insert menu then More Gadgets...
- Go to the Featured section and find the PayPal Simple Storefront gadget and click on it and use the Select button
- Choose either Buy Now Button or Add to Cart button. If you choose Add to Cart then you also need a View Cart button, so see the PayPal View Cart Button instructions below
- In Email Address enter the e-mail address associated with your PayPal account
- Choose your Country and Currency
- In Item Name and Item Description enter the name and a description of the item you wish to sell
- In Item Options enter the list of options for the product: use the pipe symbol ( | ) to separate your options; e.g. if you offer your product in sizes enter Small|Medium|Large
- In Item Options Title enter the title for your options, e.g. Size
- In Item Image enter a URL (web address) of your item's picture that has a height of 120 pixels
- Enter you item's Price, cost of Postage and Package and the applicable VAT Rate
- In the Display section enter a Height and Width appropriate for your button and choose if you want a Border and Title. Without a border and title the gadget looks blended in.
- Use the OK button and then use the Save button to save the page and view your PayPal button.
Instructions - PayPal View Cart Button
- Follow steps 1 to 5 from the PayPal Add to Cart Button Instructions above
- Follow steps 12 and 13 from the PayPal Add to Cart Button Instructions above
Since this is a new Google Site it does not support gadgets as PayPal specifically developed the gadget for classic Google Sites. To see examples of the buttons you can visit Steegle on classic Google Sites.